Monday, February 9, 2015

Israel -- Hope is Alive -- Monday

Today was Day #5 of my 12th Journey to the Land of Jesus. We visited The Temple Mount, The Southern Steps, The Western Wall, and The Tunnels beneath the Temple Walls. What a morning we enjoyed. 

After lunch at an outdoor cafe in the Old City, we visited the Quarries of King Solomon, The Garden Tomb, and The Horatio Spafford Prayer House.

At the Garden Tomb, I was asked to serve communion. It was inspiring as always. I spoke primarily from John 20, focusing in on the moments when Mary Magdalene saw her Resurrected Lord in the Garden. What a beautiful exchange. Jesus proved to be The God of Sweet Surprise by appearing to Mary Magdalene alive and well! Hallelujah! 

Afterwards, at the Horatio Spafford Prayer House, before quiet reflection and personal prayer time, we all gathered in the front room around the piano and sung together Mr. Spafford's beloved hymn of the Faith: "It is Well With My Soul". The piano rang out and our guide accompanied our voices by playing the flute. Like nothing I've ever witnessed. 

My my! Indeed, "It is Well With My Soul" all because Hope is Alive and Hope has a Name -- KING JESUS!

Remember to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem and... 

...Don't forget to give away your life...

Grateful 


Photo: The Jesus Lamp. 


No comments: