Friday, February 27, 2015

A Double-Blessing Friday Morning

Since my Dad's passing onto Glory in November of 2014, my Mom and I have talked on the phone most every day. We are separated geographically by 400 miles or so, however our hearts are always one together because of Jesus.

This morning I called my Mom and for about 30 minutes we encouraged one another in the wonder-filled thoughts of The Lord -- His Worthiness of our all and His Faithfulness to Dad in his dying and to us in our living. At the close of the call, Mom thanked me for talking to her. Her humility warmed my tender heart tremendously.

As soon as I hung up this text message came to me from a dear friend and a true lover of The Lord:

"Hello Pastor Kerry:
While praying for my compeers, comrades and co-laborers this morning, my thoughts remained on you for a while. May our gracious God edify you from His very presence today.
'Lord, guide every decision required of Pastor Kerry now. Revive his heart with Your powerful, living Word. May his love for You be Your joy and his. Strengthen him and remind him of the spiritual sons and daughters that are his. Amen.'"

It's been a double-blessing Friday morning for me and because those who are given much more, much more is required, I'd like to now share from the overflow of these blessings with you:

"Lord Jesus, please let Your Peace increase in the lives of my brothers and sisters reading this blog post this day. Make Your mighty miracles manifest in their daily needs and give them the desires of Your heart. Wherever they may be in the mix of life, make them strong by Your power and pure by Your presence. Let Your Kingdom come and Your will be done wherever they are, as it is in Heaven. Amen, in Your Holy Name."

Give away your life... to King Jesus! He's Worthy!

Grateful

No comments: