Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Need to Pray... Transparently. "Search Me."

Today, Ash Wednesday, I am keenly aware of the need to pray... transparently... "Search Me, Oh God..."

You can join me if you want?

Dearest Loving Father God...

You know me inside and out.
Whatever's going on at anytime and at all times...
... within my heart, mind, soul, and body?
You surely know about it and you certainly care about me!
Oh, how I need Your vigilant watch-care over me.

Today, I humbly ask that the mind of Your Son, Jesus Christ...
...would be one-in-the-same with my own mind.
My thoughts have been somewhat scattered these days of late.
People I desperately care for are struggling in many ways.
Oh, how we all depend upon Your intervention in our lives.

Daily, I realize that the decisions before me are many.
Dear God, be my Holy Wisdom and save me from human foolishness.
Moment-by-moment be my Strength to resist the unrelenting enemy.
I want to always look to Jesus and live a life pleasing to Heaven. 
Oh, how devastated we all were by death until You gave Your Son!

Finally, precious Almighty Personal God...
I want to want what You want in every situation and circumstance.
Take my desires day-by-day and search them carefully...
... and cleanse me with Your amazing grace and boundless mercy.
Oh, how You, Lord, are my Everything for All-Time and Eternity.

In the Name of The One Called...
Wonder Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, I pray.
Amen and Amen and Amen.

Note: I "stumbled across" this Prayer Song on YouTube this morning:

Click here: SEARCH ME O GOD! By ChristOurLife

Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)
"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts;
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

Grateful 

No comments: