Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Real Christianity Really is All About Relationships

Winter is really hanging on here on the East Coast of the USA. More ice and snow yesterday. It's quite frigid for our region of the world. Shoveling snow is getting to be somewhat burdensome. Yesterday, after the snow stopped, I put off clearing my driveway as long as possible. Finally, around 3 p.m. I bundled up and pushed myself out of the house to make it happen.

Though my neighbor Philip had come early in the morning while it was still snowing, to blow of the driveway initially, it had continued to snow and about 3-4 inches was still needing to be moved. As I started to shovel alone, honestly, I was about to be discouraged with it all, when all of a sudden a pick-up truck pulled up and my friend, Eddy R., got out with his big smile and even better his big shovel. Together, we talked about life and the goodness of our Lord Jesus and too soon the snow was all moved.

The Scriptures tell us in Proverbs, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." How true it is. Once Eddy arrived, shoveling snow became a good reason for two friends to fellowship. In fact, it didn't last long enough. Funny, how even your attitude can shift when you have companionship in life.

Then, last evening, my wife and I sat at our dining room table at 6 p.m. to have a prayer vigil together. This past Sunday, I called our congregation to host prayer vigils in their homes on Monday evening to pray for Relationships in three dimensions -- Our World, Our Community, and Our Families. When we first sat at the table, I was somewhat heavy-hearted, but as my wife and I took turns praying aloud, inspiration flooded my soul and before we knew it, we had prayed an hour as one.

Don't miss the point. The Lord gave us one another, because we really do need each other. Let's not isolate ourselves from one another. Dear friends of the faith, Real Christianity really is all about right relationships -- loving God, life together, and lighting our world. UNITY!

Grateful    

No comments: