Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It's Dad's Chemotherapy Day

Today, is my Dad's chemotherapy day. We are in the doctor's office now awaiting his turn. Last week Dad had a cat-scan and today we are expecting to hear the results. Will the cancer attacking Dad's body be advancing or retreating?

Either way, I want to give you some really Good News. Dad is winning. He's sitting beside me whistling and humming songs of the faith. His sense of humor is fully in tact as he is keeping the other cancer patients here in the waiting room chuckling with his usual dry wit. Dad has a way putting everyone in his presence at ease.

Mom is with us, too. On the ride over she was singing two songs: (1) "Through it all,  I've Learned to Trust in Jesus" and (2) "My Jesus, I Love Thee. I Know Thou Art Mine."

The heritage of holiness is only surpassed in beauty by the presence of holiness, today. Holiness is simply one word that describes the condition of an eternal soul in an up-to-date, right relationship with Holy God. I can testify that all three of us -- Dad, Mom, and their eldest son -- are rejoicing in that right relationship right now.

Well, it's almost time for us to go back and sit with Dad's doctor. We know our God is able to heal. We also know our God is trustworthy. Nothing we will hear today will lessen our love for God. We know Him, love Him, need Him, want Him and trust Him. Dad just looked at me and said: "Regardless of the report, MY FAITH STILL HOLDS."

Peace is on the increase. Blessed assurance, Jesus is ours. And we are HIS. 

Is He yours? Are you HIS? It really is the only way to truly LIVE!

Grateful 

Note: My Dad's Boyhood Portrait attached. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry,

Since we live miles apart, no matter how long we live in this life, chances are I will never meet your dad. But when we all get to Heaven, you can be sure I'll be looking to meet him. He sounds like the kind of man I would aspire to be. Perhaps you can do the introductions.

Mark

Martin LaBar said...

Amen. God is sufficient, no matter what.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Trusting.