Thursday, September 26, 2013

Your Presence Over My Methods

That he (Brother Lawrence) could never regulate his devotion by certain methods as some do. That nevertheless, at first he had meditated for some time, but afterwards that went off, in a manner that he could give no account of.”

Excerpt From: Lawrence, Brother. “The Practice of the Presence of God.”

My Prayer:

Lord, give me a holy desire to simply and profoundly be in Your Presence and to surely have Your Presence within me. My methods are what they are, but You are Who You are -- Always Present. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

"One day in Your courtyards is better than a thousand anywhere else."
-- Psalm 84:10a (GWT)

Grateful

1 comment:

Mark said...

I share your prayer Pastor Kerry. I find that some times I feel His presence, sometimes I don't. I pray that those times when He is felt will increase. In the meantime, there is faith and hope, which carry me where feelings will not.