Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"A Priceless Gift" -- A Pastor Encouraged

Pastors are people, too. 

As a pastor, this e-mail I received today from a dear, long-distance (but close to my heart) friend, is one of the most touching and encouraging correspondences I have ever opened on my computer (as a person):

"A godly, loving pastor is a priceless gift to an individual, a family, and a church. If we are not careful, we may be prone to take for granted the man of God that we have the privilege to call “Pastor.” Even the best men of God can become “weary in well doing.” I believe that each church member should strive to keep his pastor encouraged in any way possible. Any strength, encouragement, and life that we can give to our Pastor will return to us in manifold ways as he leads us in paths of righteousness. A faithful pastor will help you through the trials of life. He will help guide your children in their times of struggle. He will teach you, guide you, help you, and love you. We MUST do all that we can to keep the Devil from wounding him with his fiery darts of discouragement. BE ENCOURAGED MY FRIEND!"

Grateful to God for you, Keith, my brother in Jesus... Humbled, too.

2 comments:

Kris said...

WOW! I affirm this message.
love
kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Affirmation received.