Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My New Dentist -- "All Joy" Expectations

It's close to 8 p.m. and I am finally getting around to posting my Tuesday blog. Thanks in advance for your mercy towards my tardiness.

I had a dentist appointment today at a new dentist's office (new for me, that is). While visiting a dentist is not my favorite pastime, I must say today's visit was truly delightful.

My new dentist is obviously a radical believer in Jesus Christ. When I entered his cozy, little, village house-office, the first thing I saw was a framed copy of his personal life-testimony hanging on the waiting room wall. 

My new dentist has also authored a Bible-based book about living a radical Christian life. Copies are available in plain sight. The magazine placed on the chair I sat in was about Christian missionaries around the world.

There's more. Christian music plays throughout the atmosphere of the establishment and all of the workers were either humming the Good News tunes or clearly singing the hope-filled lyrics.

As the hygienist cleaned my teeth, she hummed softly with each song, while my new dentist unashamedly sang loudly and quite beautifully, I might add, in the room behind us.

I can honestly say I never knew visiting the dentist could be such an inspiration. After a look at my X-rays, the doc had a plain and honest talk with me about various options for future dental work. No pressure whatsoever! He just told me what he thought was necessary and what he thought would be a waste of my money.

My next visit is scheduled for late November. I actually decided to have a root canal. He told me plain and simple: "It won't be fun." But somehow I still am not really dreading it. Maybe I actually even have "all joy" expectations because I really like my new dentist. 

Here's the "all joy" New Testament Scripture I am referring to: 

James 1:2-4 (NKJV) "My brethren, count it 'all joy' when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

Yes, there's a trial, a test of my faith awaiting on the horizon -- a holy root canal. 

Play that Christian music, Dr. Spaur. And please play it loud -- for my encouragement and just In case I scream once or twice, too.

Grateful 

P.S. I like my "old" dentist, too. But he's retiring. Godspeed to him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kerry, loved your blog! It's great to see from your "new eyes" that The Spirit is using me and my practice.

You're one of God's best! Love you and Kim!

Tracy

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

You are the best Doc. Sorry it took me so long to drive over to Powatan to have you take care of my teeth. Thanks for taking me as a new patient. Kerry