Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Makes God Laugh Out Loud?

Sometimes God must laugh out loud at our plans. In fact, I once heard someone say, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans."

I've had one of those days. While I've had peace throughout the whole day, the plans I thought were in place for today have been totally rerouted. (And "totally rerouted" is not an over-statement.) While I set out early this morning to complete the things I thought were "the plan", God had other things in mind for me. So, I've just sort of chuckled inside as I've gone with the flow -- His flow.

Oswald Chambers taught that "God engineers our circumstances". So, if we really trust Him, going with His flow really is the only way to go. We must believe that God is trustworthy even when we cannot understand what He is up to. As a matter of fact, I think the number one thing that breaks our Lord's heart, is when we somehow wrongly imagine that He doesn't know what He's doing when he "totally reroutes" our routines by taking our lives off the beaten path of our own preferences.

In Heaven, it will be glorious to see the other side of things. Yes, now we have a limited perspective, but There we will understand what God was up to all along. Do you suppose we too will laugh out loud then?

Until Heaven is our reality, let's remember this:
God's ways are immediately mysterious yet ultimately marvelous.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
-- 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!
Grateful

No comments: