Friday, February 1, 2013

Grateful to God for the Blessing of Today

Twenty-four years ago today, my wife, Kim, gave birth to our second born, a daughter. We named her Allison. She has brought much joy and laughter to our lives. What a precious soul the Lord entrusted her mom and me with when she was born to us.

Allison was married to Joshua on October 6, 2012. Our baby girl is already a wife. The years just flew by. The passage of time is mysterious, but also filled with marvelous memories.

Today our Allison and her Joshua took the train from their new home in New York City to Washington, D.C. We just arrived back from picking them up in Northern Virgina. They will spend the weekend with us at our home in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.

We thank God for the opportunity to celebrate our daughter's birthday. It is a time to rejoice and I just wanted to say on my blog today that I am grateful to God for the blessing of today. I know I don't usually write about my immediate family but today it seemed to be the most essential thing for me to do.

Please pray for my family. How can you pray? Pray the same prayer that my mom often prays. "Lord, help us all to make it to Heaven without the loss of one. Please, Lord don't let our family circle be broken in the Sweet By-and-By. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Grateful 

No comments: