Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Invite You to Pray With Me

With deep sincerity, I invite you to pray with me today:

Loving Lord, my Almighty Personal God:
For this new day, I am so totally thankful.
Though the world seems more confusing day-by-day,
You offer clarity to my mind and calm to my soul.
The ruler of this age has suffered defeat and will not prevail.
Surely, time on earth will soon run out...
And humanity will run head-long into eternity.
Intensify Your light in and through me, my Jesus;
Lest those around me, even my beloved ones are lost forever.
I want Your abiding presence to enlarge deep within my being,
Allowing Your glory to comfort me as it captures the hearts of others.
Please overcome all dread, despair, and discouragement inside me.
Replenish me with Your complete love, powerful grace, holy presence.
Let Your mercy renew my strength so I can serve you anew.
And when You return to earth, my Jesus,
Find full-blooming, up-to-date, faith in You... in my soul.
Amen and Amen.

...when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?
-- Luke 18:8b (GWT)

Grateful

6 comments:

KLW said...

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4,5 NIV

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen and Amen.

Unknown said...

Father I affirm this prayer!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So desperate for the Lord. A good place to be.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this prayer. It's great for someone that needs an adjustment to their perspective or their attitude (which, admittedly, I need more often that I want to admit).

Blessings!

Fred Brucker
Belle Vernon, PA

PS: I stole your prayer for my blog for today! (But, I gave you credit. . .)

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Blessings Fred. Thanks for praying with me and for sharing the prayer with others. ALL JOY!