Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Something New, Beyond Our Own Imagination

Glory belongs to God, Whose power is at work in us. By this power He can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
-- Ephesians 3:20 (GWT)

My mentor, James, gave me a blank journal in January for the purpose of recording God-thoughts and especially for writing down new things the Lord is allowing me to see. When he gave me the book, James said, "Ask the Lord everyday to show you "something new" that you have never witnessed before."

Well, I've been seeing new things and recording some of these sightings as well. One way the Lord is showing me "something new" is in His marvelous Creation. For example, a few weeks ago while on our pastoral staff prayer retreat I saw for the very first time Shoveler ducks on the water. It was a cold day and the waters were iced over in many places. Suddenly these rafts of these beautiful Shoveler ducks were everywhere. (If you look at my digital images associated with this blog you will see a picture of two drake Shoveler ducks in flight over the cold, placid waters of Assateague Island, Virginia.) For a coastal boy, it doesn't get any better than seeing a new species of ducks never before witnessed up close and personal.

My prayer for you today is that the Lord will show you "something new". I want His glory to bring awe into Your soul for His intricate involvement in Creation, even in yourself. Whether He speaks to you through the whispering wings of ducks or in some other unique way, I invite you to live with your eyes and ears wide open.

Lord, Your glory is all around us and even within us. May we be amazed in Your presence. Give us eyes to see and ears to hear "something new" today, yes, something beyond our own imagination. In Jesus' Name. Amen and Amen.
Grateful     

5 comments:

Kris said...

Brother I accept the full blessing of you blogpost today. Amen,Amen,and Amen.
love kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Very grateful.

KLW said...

Today. I’m going to make it a “Day of Thanks” – no matter what comes my way. I am going to choose to “respond” and not “react” – be positive and not negative – praise God and not whine to Him. I’m going to spend my entire day choosing joy over sorrow, and to focus on the Grandeur of the God of the Gospel.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I love you perspective. You inspire my heart and mind brother.

Martin LaBar said...

Yes, I see the ducks. I didn't realize that they were shovelers.