Monday, February 18, 2013

I Will Live in the House of the Lord Forever

Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.

-- Psalm 23:6 (NLT)

Yesterday, I officiated the funeral and graveside services for a dear saint named Ruth, age 93. Eighteen years ago, I alos had the blessed privilege to officiate the final services for her husband, Richard. Just before Richard passed the line of worlds in 1995, he whispered these comforting words on his death-bed to his beloved Ruth: "Soon we will be together again and we will have everything we ever dreamed of."

I now know that Richard and Ruth were dreaming of things eternal, not clinging to the stuff of earth. Do we, too, dream of living in the house of the Lord forever?

Grateful  

No comments: