Monday, August 27, 2012

Trusting God Totally At All Times

After 51 years of thinking about and dealing with the complexities associated with living on planet earth, I have concluded that "trusting God totally" with every aspect of life is the only way to truly survive.

Even at 51-years-old, I am amazed at how many life-issues confound me in such a way that I cannot "think my way through" them. More and more, I just find myself having to simply and profoundly decide whether or not I will "trust God totally" or not. Will I hold on tightly to the things that confuse me or will I surrender all things, all-the-time, to His care?

I have two thoughts on my mind right now. One of the thoughts is a line from an old hymn of the church, "I Surrender All". The line is "I will ever love and trust Him". My second immediate thought is a verse of Scripture that our family clung to in our faith-building days at Bible college in 1992-1994. The Scripture was and still is 1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV) -- ... casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Click here: I Cast All My Cares Upon Him Maranatha kids

"GOD KNOWS! GOD CARES!"

Lord, let it be said of me that I trusted You totally at all times!
Grateful

2 comments:

Mark said...

Sometimes it is not easy, but it's the only way to live. The alternative is without hope or meaning.

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God cares. When we trust him we feel cared for. Amen.