Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Not in Control Anymore..."

A mother in our local church recently shared this story with me about a conversation she had with her young son about the meaning of public baptism:

Nicholas has been talking about baptism a lot lately and I think he has a good understanding. A few months ago when we were camping we tubed down a river. Nicholas and I were floating together and we were talking about being washed clean. I told him about baptism and what it means to let others know about the decision you have made to be a follower of Jesus with your whole heart, body, and soul. I guess I probably used some big words. When I asked him to tell me in his own words what he thought it meant – he said, “I can’t remember those big words you used Mom, but I think it means that I tell everyone that Nicholas is not in control of Nicholas anymore, but God is in control of Nicholas”.

Out of the mouths of babes…

Click here: Twila Paris - God Is In Control - YouTube

The words of this hymn, "My Wonderful Lord," also come to mind:

"I have found a deep peace that I never had known,
And a joy this world could not afford.
Since I yielded control of my body and soul,
To my wonderful, wonderful Lord."

I am so glad we can "yield control' to God.
Grateful

5 comments:

KLW said...

You have been bough with a price.
Yo are the Lord's
You can be strong by giving Jesus
your worries, fears, and weaknesses.



I AM NOT IN CONTROL---JESUS IS!

Unknown said...

Amen! Future generations will be told the good news!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

May the LORD WHO IS IN CONTROL be gloried indeed by all generations.

Martin LaBar said...

May the Holy Spirit be in control of me.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Lord, by my SUPREME CONTROLLER, indeed!