Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Opportunities to Get to Know God

Could it be that the whole thing we all know as a lifetime-on-planet-earth -- with all of its' joys and sorrows, conclusions and confusions, prizes and pains -- is simply but profoundly about nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else other than a time-frame extended to us by God so that we as human beings receive multiplied opportunities to get to know Holy God so that we won't be strangers to Him when time is up and eternity begins?

(8) Dear friends, don’t ignore this fact: One day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. (9) The Lord isn’t slow to do what He promised, as some people think. Rather, He is patient for your sake. He doesn’t want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to Him and change the way they think and act.
-- 2 Peter 3:8-9 (GWT)

Lord, for the opportunties to get to know You, I am forever...
...Grateful

4 comments:

KLW said...

In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness you are there
In the secret, in the quiet hour
I wait only for you
Cause I want to know you more

I want to know you
I want to hear your voice
I want to know you more
I want to touch you
I want to see your face
I want to know you more

Hillsong
I Want To Know You (More) lyrics

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Kerry,

I believe that's exactly what it's all about. I believe that is why He created us. To know Him. Phillipians 3:10

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

SO glad for your words of affimation.