Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Take Up, Not Pick Out... Your Cross

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow Me.
-- Matthew 16:24 (NLT)

Lord, help me to remember, that while You have called me to take UP my cross, yes to pick UP my cross, I still don't get to pick OUT my cross. Help me to trust You totally with choosing the cross that you want me to carry. In Your Holy Name and for Your Glory, I pray. Amen.

Crucified With Christ,
Grateful

4 comments:

Mark said...

It's not easy for me, trusting for the perfect cross. Not too heavy to crush me; not too lite to mold me.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Good words Mark. These words from the old hymn in on my mind: "There's a cross for everyone and there's a cross for me."

KLW said...

For Jesus' true followers, the Cross is not a piece of jewelry or even a symbol; it is a lifestyle. It is a total "buy-in" to the life, character, and way of Jesus.

O Father, form me more perfectly into the nature, character, and lifestyle of Jesus. In his name I pray. Amen.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Galatians 2:20 for sure.