Friday, September 23, 2011

The Meaning Of Wisdom According To God

God told us, "Wisdom means that you respect Me, the Lord, and turn from sin." -- Job 28:28 (CEV)

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Holiness Unto The LORD!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

(Job 28:28). That verse describes saving faith-both fearing God and departing from evil take place initially at conversion. So you begin to be wise when you fear God by trusting in Him and repenting of your sins. As long as you have only human wisdom-or to put it in James' words, that which is "earthly, natural, demonic" (3:15)-you cannot know God or true wisdom. Without that critical first step, there is no relationship to the Giver of all wisdom and understanding

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Lord, be in my mind!