Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

On this 10th Anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington, and rural Pennsylvania in the USA, these words of the Lord's concerning His children echo in my heart and mind:

(14)But Zion [Jerusalem, her people as seen in captivity] said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me. (15) [And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you. (16) Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me.

-- Isaiah 49:14-16 (AMP)

(14) Yet Jerusalem says, “The Lord has deserted us;
the Lord has forgotten us.”
(15) “Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child?
Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?
But even if that were possible,
I would not forget you!
(16) See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.
Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem’s walls in ruins.

-- Isaiah 49:14-16 (NLT)

Father God, You will never forget your children. You gave Your Son to be crucified to prove it. The proof You will never forget Your own is found in the nail-prints in His hands. Amen.

Holiness Unto The LORD!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Life will make us forget God if we are not intentional about remembering all that He has done for us. Make sure you “count your blessings” and praise God as you live life so you don’t forget the great things He has done for you.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Do this in remembrance of Me. -- Jesus