Friday, June 3, 2011

Unload On God. Hurl Your Cares On Him.

God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.
-- 1 Peter 5:7 (CEV)

Unload on Him all your cares.
-- 1 Peter 5:7 (French Translation Bible)

Hurling all your cares upon Him.
-- 1 Peter 5:7 (Greek)

Happy is the soul that is not uneasy.

My Lord, help me to be always trusting with my mind fastened on You. I don't ever want to be troubled thinking You don't care for me. I want to be anxious about nothing, but continuously believing that You are totally trustworthy, yes, that You care for me at all times and in all circumstances of life. Indeed, I desire to live by faith and to die in faith. In Jesus' name. Amen.

During our Bible School days, 1992-1994, my wife, Kim, and I raised our then small children on this family theme song from 1 Peter 5:7. We often sang it during trying times. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it still:



ALL JOY! no fear!
Grateful

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your heart on this blog. I really like the Greek Version of this verse :-)

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The verse makes my heart very tender whenever I hear it read or sung. Thanks Kim.