Saturday, June 18, 2011

In Every Nation God Accepts Those Who Fear Him And Do What Is Right.

28 Peter told them, “You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you. But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean. 29 So I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. Now tell me why you sent for me.”

30 Cornelius replied, “Four days ago I was praying in my house about this same time, three o’clock in the afternoon. Suddenly, a man in dazzling clothes was standing in front of me. 31 He told me, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your gifts to the poor have been noticed by God! 32 Now send messengers to Joppa, and summon a man named Simon Peter. He is staying in the home of Simon, a tanner who lives near the seashore.’ 33 So I sent for you at once, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here, waiting before God to hear the message the Lord has given you.”

34 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. 35 In every nation He accepts those who fear Him and do what is right."
-- Acts 10:28- 35 (NLT)

For God So Loved The World...
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Fear of God means seeing past the fears of this life: the fear that I might lose my wealth, that other people might disapprove of me, or that I might die. Ultimately, the fear of God is to see past those things, to see the real bottom line: God is there, he is my creator, and his approval means everything to me. For him to say “welcome” to me means eternal life, blessing, and righteousness and everything that human existence is meant to be.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I appreciate your time and comments so much.