Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do We Pray In Our Praying?

My dear Mom, Melba, has taught me so much about prayer, but nothing more valuable than to give God time when You approach Him in prayer. It is her practice to stay, yes to remain, to abide in the secret prayer chamber until the Lord makes His presence known.

Never leave the place of prayer without a conscious season of communion with the Lord.
-- Samuel Chadwick

Three words in James 5:17 speak strongly to my soul: Elijah prayed earnestly... Samuel Chadwick defined these three words like this: Elijah prayed in his praying.

Lord, when I approach You in prayer, I want to pray earnestly. Yes, I want to pray in my praying. And Lord, please help my desire to be never to leave the place of prayer without a conscious season of communion with You. I want to give You time to reveal Your sweet presence to me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

It's a rude thing to rush The Eternal God.
-- Henry Blackaby

Lord, Teach Me To Pray (Luke 11:1)
Grateful

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

Me Too!!!!!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks brother for agreeing with me in prayer.

Mark Spruill said...

I want to learn to pray earnestly, but I fear it could involve desperate need.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

True. I am desperate for Him even when I don't realize it -- especially when I don't realize it. But I do indeed understand what you're saying too Brother Mark.