Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Be Careful What You Think...

Recently, I had the privilege of attending our local Fellowship of Christian Athletes' Banquet. The speaker was Coach London, Head Football Coach at the University of Virginia. What a testimony he shared! One portion of his talk especially spoke to me. Here's my paraphrase of what he said:

Be careful what you think, your thoughts become your words.
Be careful what you say, your words will influence your actions.
Be careful how you act, your actions become your habits.
Be careful about your habits, your habits impact your character.
Be careful about your character, your character chooses your destiny.


Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.
-- Philippians 4:8 (CEV)

At all times and for all-time, I desire The Mind of Christ!
Grateful

3 comments:

Mark said...

I think I should be more careful about my thinking. ;-)

KLW said...

One of the great psychological discoveries of the past century is that your thoughts control your actions.If you want to change the way you act, you must first change how you think. Actually, thousands of years ago, Solomon pointed this out when he wrote, “Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts” (Proverbs 4:23 GNT).

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Great comment brother!