Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day to Remember Promises of Love

On this day set aside to remember those who promised and made good on their promises to lay their lives down for us, I had the honor of officating a wedding ceremony for a couple. Yes, dear friends of mine, Randy and Tiffany, made promises of love for life to one another. Here are the promises that Randy and Tiffany made (repeated after me) to one another as husband and wife together. And, yes there were tears, good tears at about line nine, as I recall.

I promise to love and treasure you always.
In good times and in times of trouble.
In wealth or in poverty.
I promise to care for you and to cherish you.
Until we are separated by death.
According to God’s design for marriage.
I promise you respect and humility;
I promise you forgiveness and charity;
I promise you integrity and loyalty;
I promise to believe in you and to dream with you;
I promise you my intense devotion;
Always and forever.


Let us remember that God's love never fails and His hope always prevails.
Grateful

No comments: