Thursday, April 7, 2011

If I Go, I Will Send Him To You

However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby, Paraclete) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].
-- Words of Jesus in John 16:7 (Amplified Bible)

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
-- John 16:7 (NIV)

Holiness Unto the LORD!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Why did Jesus not stay on earth forever after the resurrection? Jesus answers this very question: his ascension into heaven was completely necessary to complete God’s Project of Salvation.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So He could go from living beside us to living inside us. :-)