Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Sweat. His Blood.

I often pray this prayer as I seek to be a faithful minister of the Good News of Jesus Christ and a "carry-outer" of His Great Commission to us:

Lord, remind me over-and-over again as I live my life for Your glory:
"It's not much about how much I sweat!
It is all about how much You bled!"

'Tis so sweet to trust in You, Jesus!

Trusting Him must overwhelm trying harder.

Words of Jesus in Matthew 5:20 (NKJV) -- For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

What can wash away our sins?
What can make us whole again?
Nothing but the blood
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can wash us pure as snow?
Welcomed as the friends of God
Nothing but Your blood
Nothing but Your blood King Jesus

Matt Redman

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I love that old line where the word "NOTHING" is surprised by the phrase "BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!"