Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bored to Tears in Heaven?

If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence? You’d be bored to tears in Heaven, if you’re not ecstatic about God now! — Keith Green

Link for "Oh, Lord, You're Beautiful" sung by Keith Green:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3lvN4tQmY&feature=related

A single day in Your courts
is better than a thousand anywhere else!
I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God
than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.

-- Psalm 84:10 (NLT)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Keith Green is my favorite singer/songwriter.
This version is my favorite because it has his testimony and slightly different lyrics...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVgPQm06g2c

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks. Will check it out.

KLW said...

You left your throne to die for me
You gave and I am forgiven
Went to the cross to cross out my debt
Oh, beautiful savior!

You did not have to but you did
The creator for the created
You took my life and gave me yours
You took my place on the cross
What a beautiful savior!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

How beautiful He is indeed.