Monday, September 20, 2010

New Life

Recently, I was blessed to make an early morning boat trip to Cape Lookout Lighthouse along the crystal coast of North Carolina. It's the most beautiful of all the east coast lighthouses in my estimation -- a beautiful beacon painted with a black-and-white diamond pattern. As a boy, I was raised on the interior island, Harkers Island, very near this inspiring lighthouse. My childhood home is only about a 20-minute-boat ride across the sound to what locals call "The Hook of the Cape".

I am always rejuvenated when I visit this lighthouse location, but on this particular visit the lighthouse was secondary in inspiration, because one of the Shackleford Banks wild ponies had given birth in the night to a precious foal. We were likely the first humans to view the breath-taking vision of this new life on the shoreline.

I climbed out of the boat near "The Short Turn" and walked with my camera towards the mother and her newborn standing for the first time on shaky little legs. In amazement I clicked priceless images. Take it from me, witnessing new life is an unmatched gift on planet earth. The only event that compares to and surpasses physical birth on planet earth is witnessing what Jesus called "being born again".

Thank you, Creator God for new life -- physical and spiritual. We are speechless in the presence of Your creation and re-creation. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

John 3: (5) Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (7) Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ (8) The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (NKJV)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

5 comments:

aerocatzz said...

the only thing I have in comparison to that is my two children being born .. and it doesnt seem close at all ... or the same effect ...

James Spruill said...

Wish I had been there with you. God gives us moments to remember and they are special. jfs

Terri said...

Wonderful post!

KLW said...

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!


2 Corinthians 5:17 (Today's New International Version)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Life goes on... forever for us. Grateful.