Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Desire... Granted.

The desire of the righteous will be granted.
-- Proverbs 10:24b (NRSV)

Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

-- From the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus, John 17:3 (NIV)

Lord, I know to be righteous, one must be in right relationship with You. Yes, to know You intimately is to know life eternal both immediately and ultimately. Lord, grant me my heart's desire, for if I know my heart's desire, my heart's desire is wholly for what You desire in Your holy heart. Yes, Lord, I desire what You desire more than I desire anything. I desire what You desire for me. You are my heart's desire. In Your Name, I pray, Jesus. Amen.

John Mandeville's song expresses my heart's deepest desire:

I want what You want,
more than I want anything.
I want what You want for me. (Repeat)

Cause Your faithfulness
is like the ocean and the rain.
Everyday the same.
And Your Word is our Life,
so through the laughter and the pain,
You've taught me how to say... that...

I want what You want,
more than I want anything.
I want what You want for me. (Repeat)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

This Is My Desire

This is my desire, to honour You,
Lord with all my heart,
I worship You,
All I have within me, I give You praise,
All that I adore, is in You,

Lord I give You my heart,
I give You my soul,
I live for You alone,
Every breath that I take,
Every moment I'm awake,
Lord have Your way in me. �1995, Hillsongs Australia Admin in US & Canada by Integrity's Hosanna!
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So be it. Amen.