Monday, September 13, 2010

Come Alone

The only way to Jesus is... alone. -- Mrs. Charles Cowman

Mark 10:17-22 (NLT) -- (17) As he was starting out on a trip, a man came running up to Jesus, knelt down, and asked, "Good Teacher, what should I do to get eternal life?" (18) "Why do you call me good?" Jesus asked. "Only God is truly good. (19) But as for your question, you know the commandments: ‘Do not murder. Do not commit adultery. Do not steal. Do not testify falsely. Do not cheat. Honor your father and mother.’" (20) "Teacher," the man replied, "I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was a child." (21) Jesus felt genuine love for this man as He looked at him. "You lack only one thing," He told him. "Go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me." (22) At this, the man’s face fell, and he went sadly away because he had many possessions.

Lord, I approach You... alone, yes empty-handed. I am so humbled because You love me apart from everything and anything I could bring. Jesus, nothing in my hands I bring. Simply to Thy Cross I cling... with all my heart. O, Lamb of God, I come... alone. Yes, I am Yours alone. In Your Name, Jesus. Amen.

There's a favorite Christmas Carol on my mind today. The lyrics were written by an English Poet, Christina Rosetti, in the late 1800s. The sacred song was recorded most recently for Hallmark by James Taylor. The poem-song is titled In the Bleak Midwinter. Take a listen by clicking the link below and as you listen to the verses remember that when Jesus came from Heaven to us, He came stripped of His Heavenly glory, yes God's Son came to us as a vulnerable baby with only His heart to offer us. Shouldn't we approach Him the same?

In the Bleak Midwinter Youtube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyp7qRLBn4w

Lyrics of Final Verse of Original 1800's Poem:

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part,
Yet what can I give Him —
Give my heart.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

3 comments:

Marcus O'Malley said...

Reminded me of this message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhqrtMqrv8

KLW said...

Accepting Jesus as your personal Savior means placing your own personal faith and trust in Him. No one is saved by the faith of others. No one is forgiven by doing certain deeds. The only way to be saved is to personally accept Jesus as your Savior, trusting in His death as the payment for your sins and His resurrection as your guarantee of eternal life.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Allowing Him to be Savior and acknowledging Him as Lord. Amen.