Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Holy Highlights

Recently, my twenty-three-year-old son and I have had the blessed privilege of traveling out-of-town together on two occasions (and to be honest we have a third one on the calendar). While all of our roadtrips are sporting event destinations, I can honestly say that "the journey has been the destination" in each instance.

Indeed, on the highways and backroads to and from the sporting events, the totally vulnerable and heart-warming hours of sharing between daddy and son about earthly life, eternal life, and especially the marvelous mysteries of the Mind of Christ have been the holy highlights. Yes, the journeying conversations together have been much more full of wonder than the actual destinations.

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 (NIV) -- (5) Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (6) These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. (7) Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (8) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. (9) Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

My Faithful God, I am humbled, grateful, and speechless for Your blessings in my life. In the Name of Jesus, I desperately pray that future generations of our family will be told about the Lord. Let me stay in the Destination Conversation with my loved ones. Most of all I desire that our family circle will be unbroken in-the-sky, Lord, by-and-by. Amen.

Future generations will be told about the Lord. -- Psalm 22:30 (NIV)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

No comments: