Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seven Verbs for Revival

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land. -- 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NLT)

Could it be that God's simple, yet profound formula for revival is all written down in the form of seven verbs in 2 Chronicles 7:14?

In this verse there are four verbs for us and three for God:

If we will...
(1) humble (2) pray (3) seek (4) turn?

God says He will...
(5) hear (6) forgive (7) heal!

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

4 comments:

pastor paul said...

Written Truth for our eyes to see, ears to hear and lives to live.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Lord, find us faithful to the verbs assigned to us, that You might be Faithful to the verbs assigned to You. Amen.

Unknown said...

Man it is right there all along and many times we read it and just don't see it. Gotta have ears to hear!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I want ears-wide-open, my brother. Amen.