Friday, February 5, 2010

Every Moment of Your Life is Sacred

These precious thoughts came to my mind yesterday during a quiet time -- true gifts of inspiration from God's Holy perspective to my human thinking. I bless you with the same precious thoughts today:

Your life is a sacrament -- a sacred moment before your Eternal God. Yes, every moment of your entire life is sacred to Him! Every breath you breathe is beautiful before your Holy God.

Don't compartmentalize your life between what's sacred and what you might consider to be something other than sacred -- your whole life is sacred. -- a James Spruill paraphrase

Psalm 139:3, 16-18 (NLT) -- (3) You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. (16) You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. (17) How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! (18) I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!

Nehemiah 8:10b (NLT) -- This is a sacred day before our LORD. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

4 comments:

Marcus O'Malley said...

I'm not sure where it is in Scripture, but Ursula, my South African mother, always talked about ordering her steps in the Lord for each moment of the day. This reminded me of that. Thanks PK!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Psalm 37:23 might be the reference: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way." Or maybe Job 34:21 -- "For His eyes are on the ways of man, And He sees all his steps." (NKJV)

pastor paul said...

You have a way with words, especially those which come from your heart.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Bless you Brother Paul. I check for your blog entry daily.