Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Standing a'Trembling

1 Kings 19:11 is an overwhelming command from Almighty God and an overpowering image for my mind: "Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told Elijah. (NLT)

What makes this command so overwhelming and this image so overpowering is my belief that to stand before Holy God, especially just before He reveals His unrivaled omnipotence (His unmatched "Almightyness"), is surely a guaranteed prescription for human fear and trembling. Which brings me to my personal prayer, in light of this heart a'pounding and knees a'knocking reality:

My Holy Almighty God, when I am found guilty of human trembling, let me be found standing a'trembling in Your Holy Presence as "a God-fearing, surrendered saint" -- yes, "as one who is undeniably overwhelmed while also being without doubt Exclusively Yours!" In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

pastor paul said...

"Exclusively Yours!" I pray along with you and in the midst of our fear there's His "still small voice." I'm Listening....

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Yessirree.