Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Overseer of the Overcomers

Years ago, I was given an audio recording of Bishop S.M. Lockridge reciting his original proclamation titled "He's My King! You Can Trust Him!" It is probably the most awesome exaltations of Christ I have ever heard. It was in that exaltation that I first heard the Lord referred to as "The Overseer of the Overcomers!"

A few weeks ago when my mentor, James Spruill, was praying about whether he should lead his medical missions team to Haiti with all of the uncertainties following the island nation's devastating earthquake, the Lord comforted James' heart and confirmed that the trip should indeed happen with the words of Psalm 121:8: The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

James and the medical team made the lives of those they encountered in Haiti delightfully different just by showing up in the hour of Haiti's greatest need. They have now returned safely back to the States. Surely, our our Lord loves proving that We can trust Him, because without a doubt He is "The Overseer of the Overcomers!"

The words of our Lord in John 16:33 are surely sweet to the souls of His saints: I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

James Spruill said...

To God be all Glory and Praise. There is no risk in "Follow Me." I had rather be in an unsafe place IN HIS WILL than a safe place out of His will. Bless you Kerry! jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for inspiring my post today, friend, mentor, hero of the faith to me.