Friday, January 15, 2010

My God Canceled My "Train" Ticket! Ps.16:10

Yesterday, as I was reading through the Old Testament Psalms from The Message Paraphrase of the Holy Bible, these ten words from Psalm 16:10 passionately encouraged my soul. I'm guessing the same ten words will encourage your soul, too:

You canceled my ticket to Hell -- that's not my destination!

Country singer, Josh Turner sings a song titled "The Long Black Train." He tells about how the Devil drives that long black train leading eternal souls to Hell. As I saturate and celebrate in Psalm 16:10, I can hear these words of Josh Turner's song in my mind:

Look to the heavens. You can look to the skies.
You can find redemption staring back into your eyes.
There is protection and there's Peace the same...
Burnin' your ticket for that Long Black Train.

'Cause there's vict'ry in the Lord I say.
Yes, there's Vict'ry in the Lord.
So, cling to the Father and His holy name,
And don't go ridin' on that Long Black Train

Lord, I thank You for the reality of Psalm 16:10 in my life! You have canceled my ticket to Hell -- that's not my destination. Because You're taking me with You, Lord, in a whole new direction, the whistle for that long black train becomes more distant day-by-day in my life. How sweet it is!

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

P.S. You might not believe this, but as I post this blog entry I can hear a train rumbling down the track and I hear the whistle blowing. Just in case you're wondering, the train is going away from me, not coming for me. Yes, my Loving God has canceled my long-black-train ticket. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK anyone who knows where your heart is would have no reason not to believe what you say. Thanks so much for sharing this blog with us. Love and praying for you and your family.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Once when Steve Thigpen and I first visited the Holy Land we heard a rooster crowing as we left Gethsemane to board the bus. It was a powerful accent. The train whistle in the background as I was typing this blog this morning was similar in that it really emphasized what I was thinking. Thanks Kim. ALL JOY!

Martin LaBar said...

An interesting way to put it!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The tracks I want to travel on are humility and holiness.