Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loving Him And Loathing Sin!

When I really love God, I will at the same time loathe sin. Yes, when I love God with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength, I will at the same time hate everything that breaks my God's heart. The things that break my God's heart are the things that immediately threaten to break my life and ultimately threaten to separate me from my God for forever.

I think it's true to say that loving Him and loathing sin is one way to define holiness.

Lord I want my love for You to increase and my hatred for the things that break Your Holy Heart to increase simultaneously. Holiness is what I long for. In Jesus' name. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

8 comments:

James Spruill said...

So True and well said. jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks my brother. Loving Him and loathing sin equals holiness.

pastor paul said...

Appreciate you and your desire to serve God and not the world. Thanks for the prayer...I claim it with you! Love /hate relationship!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Great way to state it. I'll use that again -- "Love/Hate Relationship!"

Ra'Shaun said...

This sermon struck me right to my core. I was able to experience this sermon with the woman that I love and it struck her to her core as well. I can actually say this message strengthened my relationship, with God and with the woman that I love. Thank you PK for letting the lord move through you!

- RaShaun Stovall

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for the encouragement RaShaun. I love you and the woman you love with the love of the Lord! Be blessed as you look to Jesus!!!

Martin LaBar said...

Another good definition.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I sense the Lord gave me that one this week, Martin. Thanks for the affirmation.