Friday, January 11, 2019

We Do Not Lose Heart

This morning as I held the Word of God close, I came upon The Apostle Paul’s letter,  2 Corinthians, chapter 4 and verse 1. It strengthened me just to read the words silently in my mind. 

Too often it seems too easy to simply quit at life and ministry. Nevertheless, we must not be among those who cast aside perseverance and just give up. As one called by the Lord, I never want to take my hand off the plow and look back. Though many sadly have. 

When we are weak we need to remember God’s mercy. The Word of God can work wonders within us and give us the desire to journey onward and upward instead of sadly not finishing the race. 

Before I reveal the words of 2 Corinthians 4:1, hear the words immediately before them, yes, 2 Corinthians 3:17-18: (17) “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (18) And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord Who is the Spirit.” 

We must not quit while “we are being transformed into His likeness!” Now, onto 2 Corinthians 4:1, my dear friends:


Because of God’s mercy we have a ministry, and we do NOT, we will NOT, we must NOT... LOSE HEART! 

I pray your Spirit is lifted as mine is. I can hear the words of that old hymn of the church in my soul: “My Heavenly Home is bright and fair, Oh I feel like traveling on!” 

Here’s an additional thought that the mind of Christ gave to me this week and I have posted it also on my Instagram feed today. I hope it helps you not to lose heart as well:



Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: