Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Jesus Still Seeks to Save The Lost

The mission of Jesus as spoken in the New Testament by Jesus Himself is that “He came to seek and to save those who are lost.” (Luke 19:10)

Do you know Jesus still seeks to save those who are lost. Now He does that through our lives. Yes, because He has made His Home in us on earth until we finally make our Home with Him in Heaven, He is seeking souls everywhere and all-the-time through our everyday lives. His mission is now our mission.  

Today, it happened for me at a greasy spoon coffee shop along the South Jersey Shore. I went for a late lunch with a friend and I was amazed at how God manipulated my whole schedule today and worked in the details of even my own desires and my friend’s schedule and desires, too, so that we could encounter a disheartened waitress who needed to know her life mattered to Jesus. 

Before we left, the young lady I had gladly ministered the Hope and Love of Jesus to for about an hour cried tears of gratitude and asked permission to hug me. Her awful day had turned awesome simply and profoundly because Jesus sought her out through my life. 

She may not be totally found yet, nevertheless, her face is turning from the darkness to the light. I pray for more favor with her in the future.

That’s what I mean by “Presence Matters Most!”  As carriers of the Spirit of Truth, we give way too little credit for simply “showing up” in the lives of lost and hurting souls. Friends, we are sanctuaries of the Living God! Christ in us is THE HOPE! (Col. 1:27) When we are present with others, His Presence shows up and shows off and we are left humbled and speechless. 

Partnering with Jesus in His mission to seek and to save those who are lost is a life worth living, indeed! 





Presence Matters Most! 
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: