Friday, November 14, 2014

Waiting... Sunshine... Sunbeam... Whispering

It's Friday morning and my Dad, Capt. Billy, is still resting easy. He had a very tiring day on Thursday, but continues to hold his own. One thing my Dad has excelled in is perseverance. Makes me "almost" feel sorry for the cancer. Whenever I think of that old Alabama song, "You Can't Keep a Good Man Down", I am reminded of Dad. So, the waiting continues. We believe that "waiting on the Lord's timing" is equal to pure worship. (And, yes, we still believe as we wait that Jesus still has authority to heal. Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!)

Mom and I are sitting here in the Hospice room beside Dad's bed right now talking about the goodness of our God. I just read aloud to her a comforting note that a sister in The Lord, Samantha, stuck in my hand last week. The words she wrote came from an Andrew Murray writing and really do explain exactly where we are these days:

"Come and however feeble you feel, just wait in His presence. Come with all that is dark and cold in you into the sunshine of God's Holy, Omnipotent Love. Sit and wait there with one thought: 'Here I am in the sunshine of His Love.' God will do His work in you. Oh, trust him fully" 'Wait on the Lord: be strong and let thine heart take courage; yeah wait on the Lord.'" (Refer to Psalm 27:14)

In the height of his struggles yesterday, Dad surprised us yet again by singing loudly, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, I'll Be a Sunbeam for Him."

As I close this post, Dad has awakened and is looking at me with such tender eyes and whispering: "My Jesus I love you. Have mercy on me."

Grateful    



2 comments:

Msrk said...

I am praying for you and your family. May God's peace abide with you.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So appreciative. God is so in control. He's a Good God.