Friday, July 18, 2014

Trusting God The Father To Father Our Grown Children

I was recently sharing via text with a friend, who like me is also a father to two grown children. He requested a specific prayer for one of his loved ones and along with agreeing to pray with him, I also shared these words from my heart:

"Trusting God the Father to Father the children He gave us to father is one of the greatest challenges for us as fathers and I have no idea why? But it is."

Psalm 37:8b has been speaking strongly to me about how essential taking Father God at His Word really is.

"... do not fret (do not be preoccupied with worrying) —it leads only to evil (distrust of Father God)." -- Paraphrase of Psalm 37:8b

Grateful 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you have a blog and media online!
Wanted to pass a website along to you guys SermonScribe.com. From what I understand they do great work making sermons available to read for the freetime-challanged like me. I was going to email that info but this was easier.

:)
-A guest/ harrisonburg resident

Martin LaBar said...

We have two grown children, and we don't pray for them as much as we should, I guess. Worrying won't help, you are right, but it's hard to stop wondering what to say to them, and what, if anything, to do.