Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Please Pray for My New Young Friend

This morning at the Pittsburgh District Campmeeting I had an opportunity to pray with a high school student. It was a God-appointment. After I left the tabernacle and was driving the short distance across the campground to my room, I saw the teen standing by the duck pond. I rolled my window down to give a greeting and immediately realized a look of despair in the facial countenance of this young Jesus-believer.

In a few minutes the teen was at my window and after a few moments of compassionate diagnosis I began to intercede aloud in spontaneous prayer. The Lord was so faithful to join us as I cried out for new mercy on behalf of this one Jesus died for.

When the "Amen" was spoken there was new hope in the atmosphere. Jesus promised that when two or three of us gather in His Name, He is very present. Well, this morning at the duck pond near Pittsburgh, He proved Himself trustworthy to His Word once again. Surely, His mercy renews every day.

Please pray for my new, young friend, that God will be the One Who lifts this precious soul from overwhelming despair to a new place of amazing grace.

Grateful      

2 comments:

Kris said...

can and will do brother. I am thankful for Jesus and the Holy Spirit who will intercede on behalf of this young man before God's throne. He is faithful...
blessings
kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Jesus is our Advocate.