Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ocracoke Island -- Molasses Creek Music

One of my favorite places on the planet is a little quaint fishing village along the coastal Outer Banks of North Carolina called Ocracoke Island. This was the birthplace and childhood home of my Dad's (yes, Captain Billy's) Mom, named Margery.

Everything about my Granny's Ocracoke home was and still is wondrously unique. Not only is it the home of ancient mariners, the Ocracoke Lighthouse, and the location that Blackbeard The Pirate was decapitated,  but the delightful accent of the island people is absolutely breath-taking.

Today, I am taking a personal opportunity on my blog to share a link to a song sung by Ocracokers. The name of the homegrown group is "Molasses Creek". Their song is titled "The Waterman". If you love folk music sit back and enjoy. If you don't, well, I suppose you're in for an invitation to reconsider your preferences?

Click here: Music in the Lobby: Molasses Creek, "The Waterman" - YouTube

Grateful

No comments: