Thursday, May 15, 2014

Summer Breeze

This morning when I awoke, I could feel a cool summer breeze blowing through the windows of our home. How refreshing!

I had a lite breakfast and a cup of coffee sitting on our back patio. As the cool summer breeze blew across and into my being, I couldn't help but think of the New Testament Day of Pentecost and the wind that filled the place where the disciples of Jesus were praying as they awaited The Holy Spirit's arrival in their lives.

This morning's summer breeze moves me to pray. I invite you to join me...

Dearest Almighty Personal God:
How awesome this cool summer breeze reminds me of Your Holy Presence.

I cannot help but be inspired as my mind tells me of Your never-ending faithfulness.

As fountains of living waters flow within me, I am encouraged to know You more.

Seeing the effects of this morning's summer breeze in the branches and on the leaves of our Bradford Pear Tree, set my own soul to dancing.

Thank You, Abba Father for sending Your Beloved Son to rescue me from Sin and Death. 

Thank You, Beloved Son of God, for carrying out The Father's will, and for leaving the Holy Spirit here... Still.

Today's cool summer breeze restores my soul. My cup overflows with blessings beyond description.

You, my God are my Breath, my Reason to Breathe, my Everything, my Present, my Future, my Hope for forever and today.

In the Name of the One called Wonderful, I pray from a vulnerable and transparent heart. Amen.

(Below is a link to a secular song from the 1970s by Seals and Crofts. Seems appropriate since it's titled: "Summer Breeze".)


Grateful 


2 comments:

Kris said...

When the fresh wind of our Fathers breath falls upon us, He restores, renews,and heals what time and the enemy have stolen. May the Lord continue to breathe on you in power today my brother. You are loved.
kp

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen

You make the path of life known to me. Complete joy is in your presence. Pleasures are by your side forever. Ps 16:11