Saturday, May 3, 2014

Moses and Brother Michael

Our lifegroup journeyed together to the Amish land of Pennsylvania to be inspired at the Sight & Sound Theater's presentation of Moses.

We arrived at Dienner's Country Restaurant for a lovely lunch. (If you ever go don't miss the homemade Coconut Creme pie.)

After lunch, with an hour-and-a-half to spare, the ladies were calling for a stop at the shopping outlet. I got out of the car to stretch my legs. Walking along the sidewalk, I noticed a park bench with an older African American gentlemen sitting on one end. After a casual greeting, I settled in on the other side.

We sat in silence for a bit, both of us undoubtedly enjoying a time of exhaling. Then, he asked, "Where are you from?" From there the conversation only got sweeter and sweeter. 

What I had sensed in my heart was true. Mr. Michael from New Jersey was a sanctuary of the presence of God (like me). Time seemed to stand still as we talked about the way God has blessed us beyond what we deserve. 

He shared that health concerns -- congestive heart failure -- had forced him to retire early from his board of education carreer, but went on to say how he was thankful God was still giving him life.

Finally, our discussion rose even higher as we talked more about Jesus and our Heavenly Home. It was as if we were family. (In fact, we are.)

His wife and sister came to where we were and after promises to pray for one another, Brother Michael said as he walked away, "Maybe we will see each other at the Moses production." I said, "Look for me. I might be the one shouting." ;)

Grateful 

No comments: