Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Update: Capt. Billy, Round #3 Chemo

Today, my Dad, Captain Billy, will endure his third round of chemotherapy as his sacred cancer journey continues. Recently, Dad told me: "Let your people know not to slack up praying for me." 

Speaking of praying, this morning our Dawn Patrol Men's Prayer Team met as usual at 6:10 a.m. However, God unusually moved in on our hearts. It all began as I read aloud these words penned by Andrew Murray: "If we are to be people who pray, we must be people who love."

One of the men stood and presented me with a gift for my Dad -- an art piece of an anchor created in wood produced by chip carving. The prayermen each personally signed the back of the art piece. My heart was wondrously warmed. Why? I know these men pray for my Dad because they love him. Humbling.

Let us all be inspired by 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV) -- "Above all, love each other deeply."

The strong prayer song on my heart through the night and still this morning is:

"More love, more power,
More of You in my life!"

Love Never Fails!
Grateful 

"If you're gonna hang your head, hang it upward so you can see the face of God." -- Capt. Billy 

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

God's best for him, and those who love him.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Appreciate your well-wishes and prayers.