Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Journey... Knowing Life Forever is the Destination.

It amazes me how much life is akin to a journey. I love the slogan that says, "The journey is the destination." Often, when I hear this slogan I immediately think: "Life is the destination."

I have had many opportunities to be a man on a journey. As a matter of fact, as I write this post I am on a short journey. While there are many facets to being on a journey, I must say the most fascinating part has to do with people, yes, the many kinds of people the Lord of my life's journey brings across my pathway.

What if each encounter we have with every person on our journey is in some way an encounter with Jesus? Could it be that all the people we meet are eternal souls God has somehow entrusted to our presence?

When Jesus journeyed through his lifetime, surely every encounter He had was an eternal rendezvous with a soul He came to rescue. With Jesus now gone to Heaven physically, could it be possible that His Spirit lives today in us to continue the rescue of every single soul we meet along our specific journeys?

I am coming to believe it's all true. As believers, if we only draw near to other believers, how will the nonbelievers ever come to know God for themselves? How will others ever know the Savior unless those of us who know both the Savior and others make it our mission to connect them together?

There are many names and titles attributed to Jesus, but what name or title challenges you most? For me, there is one title associated with our Lord (while journeying through His lifetime on planet earth) that moves me beyond definition. It's a three-word description -- "FRIEND OF SINNERS!"

Can I be honest? In my immediate life's journey, the Lord of my life and journey, has brought some unique souls across my pathway that sometimes cause me to be uncomfortable. However, I am humbly encouraged in it all, even beginning to embrace what's uncomfortable to me, because I am coming to realize that the Lord is entrusting me as His sanctuary so His Presence within me can love and influence these unique and beloved individuals to escape an uncomfortable eternity. 

I honestly know He is reaching through me to call all kinds of people, that He treasures dearly, to escape forever death and to enter Forever Life. Yes, my Lord wants people -- everywhere-I-happen-to-be -- to encounter the reality of His deep desire for them, through the likes of my existence. 

Indeed, Jesus is Life Forever and Knowing Life Forever is the Destination. (And, knowing Life Forever is not just for me, but also for others, and not just for later, but also for today.) 

Let us journey on, friends of Jesus, as friends of sinners as well.

Grateful. Humbled. Speechless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow both convicting and challenging. Grateful for message

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Me too.