Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Passion Week Timeline

I realize there are many thoughts and ways of arranging the chronology of Jesus' last days leading Him to the Cross and out of the grave.

Perhaps this timeline that helps me to remember our Lord's Passion during Holy Week will also help you to increase intimacy in His presence, too.

#1. Saturday- Day of Compassion/Anointing -- John 11:55-12:11 (Song: "Broken & Spilled Out")

#2. Sunday- Day of Popularity/Praise -- John 12:12-19 (Song: "You Are My King")

#3. Monday- Day of Authority/Prayer -- Mark 11:15-18

#4. Tuesday- Day of Conflict/Relationships -- Mark 11:27-33

#5. Wednesday- Day of Silence/Reflection -- Psalm 39 & Psalm 46:10a

#6. Thursday- Day of Betrayal/Violence -- Matthew 26:14-16, John 18:1-11, Psalm 88

#7. Friday- Day of Agony/Suffering/Death -- John 19:1-37 (Song: Above All, Like a Rose")

#8. Saturday- Day of Mourning/Darkness -- John 19:31-42

Psalm 30:5 (Song: "Broken & Spilled Out")

#9. Sunday- Will Be Resurrection Sunday Morning -- Day of Celebration -- John 20:1-18

Question: "Do You Know The Resurrection? Is He Your Life?"

Be...
... Grateful

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for doing this.

As we count time, Jesus wasn't in the tomb for three days, but for less than two. A cultural difference in reckoning, I believe.

Unknown said...

I am so thankful he took the nails for me! All to me he gave...all to him I owe!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I agree with you Martin on the cultural difference in reckoning. Beautifully said. And Billy, Amen, all to His I owe!!!