Friday, November 19, 2010

You Encourage Me

This week I was blessed to hear Dr. Dennis Kinlaw speak at a conversation gathering for pastors and evangelists in Wilmore, Kentucky. Because he is advancing well into his eighties, he was wheeled in a chair to the front of the lecture hall where he greeted us in His encouraging Christlike manner and delivered one of the most wonderful messages I have ever heard from the book of Genesis on the topic of God wanting us to be His conversation partners for life and eternity. He spoke well over an hour but it seemed like a few fleeting moments to me.

After the sacred session, I walked to the front to thank Dr. Kinlaw and to ask him to personalize a copy of his newest book to me. He graciously did. Then I handed the book and pen to his precious granddaughter, "Cricket", who serves as his personal research assistant and who was his caretaker for the day and asked her to also personalize the book on the same page that her grandfather had just written. Humbly, underneath her grandfather's gracious words, she signed her name and referenced what is probably her life's verse -- Psalm 138:3.

The Lord sure encouraged me through Dr. Dennis Kinlaw and his precious granddaughter, "Cricket".

When I pray, you answer me; You encourage me by giving me the strength I need. -- Psalm 138:3 (NLT)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

No comments: