Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Meet Me in 1 John 3

Words from Scripture were shared with me by a sister in the Lord last week and this morning I continue to reflect on them:

Yes, I'm reflecting on seven words from Isaiah 1:16b & 17a:

...stop doing wrong, learn to do right.

Reminds me an awful lot of the New Testament words Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery:

Go and sin no more. -- John 8:11 (NLT)

1 John 3 is a "good" and holy read on the heels of these sobering words. Meet me there. :-)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

5 comments:

KLW said...

The answer is for God to put to death the sinful creature and replace it with a new creature, a holy creature, a creature that no longer sins. That creature does the will of God not because the rules tell him to and he is a righteous-acting-sinner, but because his desires are no longer sinful, but pure, and because he is now a righteous-acting-being! The old sinner is passed away and the new has come. And the new operates by walking with the Spirit.
Jeremy Wise

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

New Creations in Christ Jesus, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful that God led me to this Church 3 months ago. During this revival season the Lord has met me & Blessed me in so many ways. Pastor Spruill told the ladies about his visit in the woods to meet with the Lord but found him later at home instead. He
said it was revealed to him that all the pressures/worries he was feeling about the world were actually from unbelief. Not unbelief in Salvation but faith for the Lord to provide for everything on our walk "down" here. I hope I got that right. I have been able daily to give it up to the Lord now realizing that too.
Thanks Pastor Spruill.
P.S. I heard a song this a.m. that I thought you might want to put in your "whisle bag" for a later day.
There is a name I love to hear, I love to sing it's worth. It sound like music in my ears, the sweetest name on earth. Oh, how I love Jesus because he first loved me. jss

Martin LaBar said...

Yes. The two scriptures fit together.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for your comments.